Pages

October 22, 2009

Gourmet - End of an Era

I was super excited yesterday when the November issue of Gourmet magazine came in the mail. I'm always excited when a new issue of a cooking magazine arrives. And I can never wait and save it for later. I HAVE to flip through the entire thing, dog-ear every recipe I want to make, right then and there. I jot down ingredients I'll need onto my existing grocery list, then rush out to buy everything, and rush home to cook. Those photos can make me very hungry!

And amidst my enthusiastic page flipping and dog-earring, Jason says, "I thought they weren't publishing anymore?". Oh, right... This is the very. last. issue. ever.

=(

Needless to say, I was pretty bummed. But at least I still have Bon Appetit and Food & Wine. I just hope my Gourmet subscription doesn't get rolled over to some other crappy magazine. Who the heck wants bridal mags anyway? Yuck. Maybe it's time to give in and get the expensive subscription to Cook's Illustrated (before they get rid of one that too! darned economy...).

I'll sure miss those pretty pictures...

The very last Gourmet Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean! that's what i do with my travel magazines too. yes, its sad to see magazines go out of print. :(

    ReplyDelete